Garlic butter shrimp scampi linguine is a quick and easy weeknight family dinner. It is full of fresh flavors with a hint of white wine.
1 pound Linguine pasta
1 pound shrimp, cleaned
2 tablespoons olive oil
5 tablespoons unsalted butter
5 cloves garlic, minced
1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1/2 cup white wine
2 tablespoons lemon juice
2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
1 teaspoon sea salt
1 teaspoon ground pepper
- Bring a large pot of water to boil. Add a sprinkle of salt and drizzle of olive oil. Cook linguine pasta according to package instructions.
- Clean and season shrimp with salt & pepper.
- In a large skillet, heat 2 tbsps of olive oil over medium heat. Add the seasoned shrimp to the skillet, spacing evenly in pan. Cook for 1-2 minutes on each side. Transfer cooked shrimp to a plate and set aside.
- Using the same skillet, melt butter over medium heat, add the remaining tablespoon of olive oil and minced garlic. Saute the garlic for 1 minute until fragrant then add white wine, lemon juice and red pepper flakes. Allow the sauce to simmer and reduce for 3-5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the shrimp back to the skillet, sprinkle with salt, pepper and chopped parsley. Let it cook for 1 minute.
- Serve over linguine pasta.