Parmesan roasted delicata squash is a really easy fall appetizer, side dish and healthy snack. It’s velvety texture and natural sweet flavor pairs well with the crispy parmesan outer layer. It is one of my favorite fall dish and will have you coming back for more. Don’t hesitate to add this recipe to your friendsgiving or Thanksgiving menu.
Ingredients for Parmesan Roasted Delicata Squash
With just a few simple ingredients, you’ll have crispy and delicious roasted delicata squash. Here is what you’ll need:
- Delicata squash
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- Garlic powder
- Dried thyme
- Fresh parsley
- Bread crumbs
- Salt and pepper
How to cook delicata squash:
Delicata squash is a delicious and surprisingly easy-to-prepare winter squash. It is also versatile and can be cooked in many different ways. One of the simplest methods is to roast in the oven until tender and golden brown like done in this recipe. Another great way to prepare delicata squash is to use it in a soup or stew. It pairs especially well with other winter vegetables like carrots, potatoes, and kale. Just chop the squash into small pieces and add it to the pot along with the other ingredients. Let everything simmer until the squash is cooked through. There is also no need to peel the skin, as it will soften during cooking.
More Squash Recipes:
1 delicata squash
2 tablespoons olive oil
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon ground pepper
½ teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon dried thyme
5 cloves garlic, minced
¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
¼ cup panko bread crumbs
1 tablespoon fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Clean and remove the seeds of delicata squash. Slice into bite sizes
- In a bowl or ziploc bag, toss delicata squash, olive oil, salt, peper, paprika, thyme, garlic, 2 tablespoons of parmesan cheese, 2 tablespoons of bread crumbs. Ensure each piece of delicata is completely coated.
- Arrange delicata slices on a baking sheet without touching each other. Sprinkle it with remaining parmesan cheese and bread crumbs.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until the delicata is tender and golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and garnish with fresh parsley. Serve immediately and enjoy!