Parmesan crusted potatoes is an easy to make and delightful side dish that combines the crispy texture of potatoes with the savory flavor of Parmesan cheese. They are deliciously crispy on the outside with a cheesy garlic and herb flavor. This recipe will easily become your favorite way to eat potatoes. Not only are they easy to whip together, but they also pair well with many different entrees. You’ll be amazed by how tempting they are.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please see private policy for details.
I don’t know about you but I LOVE potatoes. From mash potatoes to potato salad and french fries, I can eat potatoes with anything. I love that they are comforting, never fail to satisfy, versatile and so affordable. Despite all the unique ways we can make potatoes, these parmesan crusted potatoes are hands down the best. I don’t think I ever want to eat potatoes any other way. They are just perfectly crisp with the right balance of flavors.
Whether you’re hosting a dinner party, holiday dinner, or simply craving a tasty side dish, Parmesan Crusted Potatoes are a fantastic choice. This recipe is straightforward, required minimal ingredients, and is guaranteed to impress anyone you make it for.
Ingredients for Parmesan Crusted Potatoes
To make these delicious parmesan crusted potatoes, all you need are a few simple ingredients that you may already have on hand.
- Baby gold potatoes: They are easy to cook and perfect for side dishes and appetizers. When cooked, they are soft and velvety on the inside but super crispy on the outside.
- Grated parmesan cheese : Make sure to use high quality parmesan cheese. My go-to parmesan cheese for this recipe is Bella Rosa Grated Parmesan Cheese.
- Unsalted butter: Adds a delicious buttery flavor to the potatoes and compliments the parmesan cheese.
- Spices: Oregano, red pepper flakes, garlic gloves, fresh parsley, salt and pepper.
How to Make Parmesan Crusted Potatoes:
Prep the potatoes: Wash the potatoes thoroughly and pat them dry. Make sure to not meal and keep the skin intact. Parboil the potatoes in a pot of salted water for about 8-10 minutes or until the potatoes are slightly tender but not fully cooked. Once the potatoes are safe to handle, cut them in half (lengthwise).
Make the seasoning mixture: In a bowl, combine the melted butter, garlic, dried parsley, dried thyme, salt, pepper, dried oregano, and red pepper flakes. Mix it well.
Prepare the parmesan coating: Pour the butter mixture into the baking dish that you will be using to roast the potatoes. Add the parmesan cheese to the baking dish and mix it together with the butter to create a paste. Using a spatula, evenly spread and coat the bottom of the dish with the mixture.
Roast the Potatoes: Place the potatoes cut side down in the baking dish. Brush the top of the potatoes with more melted butter and sprinkle with parmesan cheese if you’d like.
Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the potatoes are crisp and gold brown on the bottom. Let the potatoes rest in the baking dish for 5 minutes before serving.
THE BEST PARMESAN CRUSTED POTATOES:
If you want to make the best parmesan crusted potatoes I highly recommend choosing a high quality parmesan cheese. For this recipe I used Bella Rosa grated parmesan cheese which made these crispy roasted potatoes unforgettable. I like to use their parmesan cheese in many dishes because of its incomparable flavor and exceptional quality. Plus, there are no fillers, no additives and are very affordable. Whether melted into a pasta dish or sprinkled over vegetables, Bella Rosa parmesan cheese never disappoints. They are available for purchase at Walmart.
Why You’ll Love Our Parmesan Crusted Potatoes Recipe:
Bursting with Flavor: These parmesan roasted potatoes are simply delicious and the ultimate crowd-pleaser. Parmesan cheese adds a rich and savory flavor to these potatoes.
Irresistible Crunch: The golden, crispy crust that forms on these potatoes is simply irresistible. With each bite, you’ll experience a satisfying crunch that gives way to tender, creamy potato interior.
Versatile and Adaptable: Serve them as delightful side dish alongside grilled meats, toasted vegetables, or even a juicy steak. They also make a fantastic appetizer or snack for gathering and parties.
Easy to Make: With just a handful of ingredients and few simple steps, you can create this recipe. You don’t even need experience in the kitchen to make these. It’s a fantastic option for busy weeknights or when entertaining guests.
Family-Friendly: Both kids and adults will love the crispy exterior and cheesy goodness of these potatoes. It’s a guaranteed hit at family gatherings and potluck parties.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I use a different type of cheese instead of Parmesan?
While Parmesan cheese adds a distinct flavor to the dish, you can experiment with other cheeses to suit your taste preferences. Cheddar, Asiago, or Pecorino Romano can be used as alternatives. However, keep in mind that the flavor and texture may vary slightly.
Can I make Parmesan Crusted Potatoes ahead of time?
While it’s best to enjoy Parmesan Crusted Potatoes fresh from the oven for optimal crispiness, you can prepare them ahead of time. After baking, allow them to cool completely, then store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator. When ready to serve, reheat them in the oven at a lower temperature to regain their crispiness.
What can I serve with Parmesan Crusted Potatoes?
Parmesan Crusted Potatoes make a versatile side dish and pair well with various main courses. They complement grilled meats, roasted chicken, steak, or fish. They also work as a delicious accompaniment to salads or alongside roasted vegetables for a complete meal.
More Side Dish Recipes:
DID YOU MAKE THESE PARMESAN CRUSTED POTATOES?
Don’t forget to leave a ★ star rating and comment below to let us know much you loved them. We’d love to hear about your experience and any creative variations you’ve come up with.
STAY CONNECTED FOR MORE DELICIOUS RECIPES
Sign up for my newsletter to receive new recipes right in your inbox!
Parmesan Crusted Potato
- 1 lb baby gold potatoes about 15 potatoes
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp dried parsley
- 1/4 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes optional
- 2 cloves garlic grated
- Start by preheating your oven to 400°F. Wash the potatoes thoroughly and pat them dry. Make sure to not meal and keep the skin intact.
- Parboil the potatoes in a pot of salted water for about 8-10 minutes or until the potatoes are slightly tender but not fully cooked.
- Drain the water and let the potatoes cool for a few minutes. Once the potatoes are safe to handle, cut them in half (lengthwise).
- In a bowl, combine the melted butter, garlic, dried parsley, dried thyme, salt, pepper, dried oregano, and red pepper flakes. Mix it well.
- Pour the butter mixture into the baking dish that you will be using to roast the potatoes. Add the parmesan cheese to the baking dish and mix it together with the butter to create a paste. Using a spatula, evenly spread and coat the bottom of the dish with the mixture.
- Place the potatoes cut side down in the baking dish. Brush the top of the potatoes with more melted butter and sprinkle with parmesan cheese if you'd like.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the potatoes are crisp and gold brown on the bottom. Let the potatoes rest in the baking dish for 5 minutes before serving.