Baked lemon pepper chicken wings are delicious, crisp, and full of natural flavors like fresh lemon juice, garlic, and parsley. Unlike traditional fried chicken wings, these baked wings are healthier and perfectly crisp with just a little oil. This simple and easy chicken wing recipe makes the perfect weeknight dinner and appetizer for game night.
If you want to impress your family or blow the minds of your guests at the next dinner party, you have to add these baked lemon pepper chicken wings to the menu.
These lemon pepper chicken wings are the perfect balance between crisp and saucy. Whether you like your wings dry or wet, you can have the best of both worlds with this recipe. With just a little bit of oil and an oven, you will have perfectly crisp and healthy baked chicken wings paired with fresh pepper and tangy buttery sauce. Trust me! You can’t just eat one of these. They are so addictive and the meat falls right off the bone.
Baked Chicken Wings
Do you love chicken wings but believe you have to limit them in your diet because they are “unhealthy”? Well, I am here to tell you that chicken wings can be healthy, and baked chicken wings are your savior.
Baked chicken wings are healthier than the traditional deep-fried chicken wings because you omit using a ton of oil. With this method, you get to enjoy your favorite food that is lower in fat, without sacrificing flavor.
Tip for Perfect Oven Baked Chicken Wings
- Use thawed and completely dry chicken wings. This will ensure that all moisture is removed from the chicken wings so that they can get perfectly crisp.
- Bake at 425 degrees F. Baking the wings at a high temperature will get them nice and crisp without overcooking and drying out.
- Bake on a rack. This way helps airflow around the wing and prevents one side from building excess moisture.
2 pounds whole chicken wings
4 cloves garlic, finely chopped or grated
1 ½ tablespoon lemon pepper seasoning
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon pepper
1 teaspoon smoked paprika
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 tablespoon olive oil
Lemon Pepper Sauce
2 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
½ teaspoon ground red chili pepper or Cayenne
1 tablespoon lemon juice
½ teaspoon honey
1 teaspoon fresh parsley, finely chopped
Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with a baking rack and lightly grease with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl or ziploc bag, toss chicken wings in lemon pepper seasoning, salt, pepper, paprika, garlic and onion powder and olive oil. Make sure that each wing is fully coated with the spices.
- Place the chicken wings on the prepared baking sheet and bake for 40-45 minutes or until crispy , flipping halfway through. (Quick Tip: broil for 2-4 minutes for extra crisp)
- While the chicken wings are baking, prepare the lemon pepper sauce and set aside.
- Once the wings are done transfer them to a large mixing bowl and toss them in the lemon pepper sauce. Serve and enjoy!