Looking for a healthy snack that will give you a little protein boost? Keep reading to learn how to make these crispy roasted chickpeas. Chickpeas are high in fiber and protein, and roasting them creates a crispy texture that is sure to satisfy. In addition to being a delicious snack, roasted chickpeas can also be added to salads or used as a topping on many dishes.
Here is How to Make Roasted Chickpeas
This recipe for crispy roasted chickpeas is easy to follow and yields a delicious and healthy vegan snack.
- Simply preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit, drain and rinse a can of chickpeas, and spread them out on a baking sheet.
- Then, drizzle with olive oil and season with salt, pepper, paprika, cumin or spices you like.
- Roast in the oven for 20-30 minutes, or until golden brown and crispy. Enjoy as is, or use them as a topping for salads or other dishes.
Tips for Making the Perfect Roasted Chickpeas (that stays crispy)
Chickpeas are a delicious and healthy snack, but all too often they turn out mushy and bland. If you’re looking for crispy, flavorful roasted chickpeas, there are a few simple tips to follow. With these simple tips, you’ll be able to enjoy perfectly roasted chickpeas every time.
- First, make sure to thoroughly dry the chickpeas before cooking. If they’re even slightly damp, they won’t get crispy in the oven.
- Add a high-heat cooking fat such as olive oil or ghee. This will help to create a crisp exterior.
- Be sure to roast the chickpeas at a high temperature until they’re golden brown and slightly crinkled.
Looking for more healthy snack recipes?
Here are some more healthy snack recipes that you will definitely enjoy!
15-ounce can chickpeas
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon cumin
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (if you like spicy)
1 tablespoon olive oil
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Drain and rinse a can of chickpeas, and spread them out on a baking sheet.
- Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt, pepper, paprika, cumin or spices you like.
- Roast in the oven for 20-30 minutes, or until golden brown and crispy.