Grilled Asparagus Caesar Salad is a fresh, modern take on the classic Caesar salad. It’s got more flavor, more texture, and a sleeker presentation that makes it a great side dish for dinners and barbecues.
Grilled asparagus Caesar salad is the ultimate spring and summer salad. Fresh asparagus stalks are grilled until charred and tender, then topped with savory Caesar salad dressing, toasty breadcrumbs, and shredded parmesan.
With its vibrant flavors, this grilled asparagus Caesar salad is a refreshing twist on the classic Caesar salad. The smoky grilled asparagus adds depth and complexity to the dish, while the creamy Caesar dressing ties all the elements together.
Why This is the Best Grilled Asparagus Caesar Salad Recipe
- Easy to Prepare: Simply grill asparagus and then add all your favorite Caesar salad toppings.
- Versatile: You can pan-fry or roast asparagus if you don’t have a grill or it’s a rainy day.
- Sophisticated: Whether you’re hosting a dinner party or having a barbecue, this adds a fancy element to the menu.
- Seasoning: Season simply with salt and black pepper.
- Caesar salad dressing: Use your favorite brand or make your own!
- Parmigiano Reggiano: Grated.
- Panko breadcrumbs: You could use bigger breadcrumbs but I love the way these tiny, salty morsels cling to the grilled asparagus.
- Olive oil: Use this to toast the panko breadcrumbs and when grilling the asparagus.
- Garlic clove: Grate fresh garlic for the best taste.
How to Make Grilled Asparagus Caesar Salad
Toasted Garlic Breadcrumbs
Heat a skillet over medium heat with 1 tbsp olive oil.
Toss the Panko breadcrumbs and grated garlic in the heated pan for 3-5 minutes until the breadcrumbs are golden brown.
Season the asparagus: Preheat your grill to medium-high heat. Trim the ends of the asparagus, then toss the asparagus with salt, pepper, and 1 tbsp olive oil.
If you don’t have a grill, check out this grill pan for stove tops.
Grill the asparagus: Grill over medium to high heat for about 5 minutes until charred and tender.
Assemble the Asparagus Salad
Chop and Toss: Chop the grilled asparagus into bite-size pieces and toss in a bowl with the Caesar dressing until each piece is fully coated.
Add the toppings: Top the asparagus with grated Parmigiano Reggiano and toasted breadcrumbs. Serve immediately and enjoy.
- Rinse and dry your asparagus before cooking it.
- Preheat the grill before adding the asparagus. You want the surface to be hot or they won’t properly crisp up.
- Caesar salad dressing is not vegetarian because most of the dressings include anchovies. so if that matters to you, get one that is anchovy-free.
- Use high-quality cheese. And it’s always better to grate the cheese yourself. It tastes much better!
Can Grilled Asparagus Caesar Salad Be Made Ahead?
I prefer to serve this hot off the grill but it can also be made ahead and stored in the fridge for about an hour before serving. This gives the ingredients some time to meld.
Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days. I don’t recommend heating up the leftover salad because of the dressing but you can enjoy it cold.
Can you eat asparagus raw in a salad?
You can eat raw asparagus but it’s more palatable when cooked. Grilled and seasoned asparagus spears have better taste and texture.
What goes well with asparagus?
While the grill is out, serve asparagus Caesar salad with a grilled protein like steak, shrimp, or chicken.
What is Caesar salad dressing made of?
Traditional Caesar salad dressing includes garlic, anchovy paste, lemon juice, Dijon mustard, and Worcestershire sauce.
Can I make grilled asparagus on the stove top?
Yes! If you don’t have a grill, check out this grill pan for stove tops. You can also get the same smokey flavor using a cast iron skillet.
More Salad Recipes:
DID YOU MAKE THIS GRILLED ASPARAGUS CAESAR SALAD RECIPE?
Leave a star rating and comment below to let us know your thoughts. You can also share the recipe on Instagram and tag @eatwell.withlex.
Grilled Asparagus Caesar Salad
- 1 lb Asparagus
- ½ tsp Salt
- ¼ tsp Black pepper
- ¼ cup Caesar salad dressing
- 3 tbsp Parmigiano Reggiano grated
- ½ cup Panko breadcrumbs
- 1½ tbsp Olive oil
- 1 Garlic clove grated
Toasted Garlic Breadcrumbs
- Heat a skillet over medium heat with 1 tbsp olive oil. Toss the panko breadcrumbs and grated garlic in the heated pan for 3-5 minutes until breadcrumbs are golden brown.
- Preheat your grill to medium-high heat. Trim the ends of the asparagus, then toss the asparagus with salt, pepper and 1 tbsp olive oil.
- Grill over medium to high heat for about 5 minutes until charred and tender.
Assemble the Salad
- Chop the grilled asparagus into bite size pieces and toss in a bowl with the caesar dressing until each piece is fully coated.
- Top the asparagus with grated Parmigiano Reggiano and toasted breadcrumbs. Serve immediately and enjoy.