Pumpkin chocolate chip bread is one of my favorite fall recipes that is sure to please everyone in the family. This easy recipe yields a moist, delicious loaf that is perfect for breakfast, dessert, or a snack. The best part is that it only takes a few minutes to prepare. Just mix the ingredients together and bake. In less than an hour, you’ll have a warm, fragrant loaf of pumpkin chocolate chip bread to enjoy. So this fall, treat yourself to something special and bake a loaf of pumpkin chocolate chip bread.
Fall is the perfect time to break out the pumpkin spice and baked goods. And what could be more delicious (or easy to make) than pumpkin chocolate chip bread? Plus, it’s a great way to use up any extra pumpkins you might have lying around. All you need is one bowl, a few simple ingredients and you’ll have a delicious fall breakfast, dessert or snack.
Key Ingredients for Perfect Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread Recipe
- High quality all-purpose flour: This is very important. A high-quality baking flour will always yield the perfect baked goods. I like to use Bob’s Red Mill Unbleached All-Purpose Baking Flour.
- Pumpkin Puree: I always use canned pumpkin puree for baking.
- Fall Spices: What is a fall recipe without pumpkin pie spice. Fall is my favorite season for baking because of all the warm spices–think cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger. This recipe calls for pumpkin pie spice which you can find at the store or you can make a homemade version.
- Coconut Oil: Makes the bread really moist and tender. You can substitute coconut oil with vegetable oil or melted butter but I like to use coconut oil for its richness and nutty flavor.
- Sour cream: Just like oil, sour cream adds incredible moist and makes the bread richer. Now you know why I say this bread is the MOISTEST. If you don’t have sour cream, plain or greek yogurt is the best substitute.
How to Make Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread
Chocolate chip pumpkin bread is the perfect fall treat! This one bowl recipe is quick and easy to make, and the resulting bread is moist and flavorful. Best of all, there’s no need for a mixer – simply stir everything together in a bowl and bake.
- To get started, preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Then, in a large bowl, combine mash three ripe bananas.
- Next add half cup pumpkin puree, one third cup sour cream or greek yogurt, two eggs, coconut oil and one teaspoon of vanilla extract with half cup of brown sugar. Stir until everything is well combined.
- Now it’s time to add the dry ingredients: one and quarter cup of all-purpose flour, one teaspoon of baking soda, half teaspoon of salt, one teaspoon of cinnamon, one and half teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice. Stir until everything is evenly combined.
- Finally, fold in half cup of chocolate chips. Pour the batter into a greased loaf pan, sprinkle more chocolate chips on top and bake for 50 – 60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Let the bread cool for a few minutes before slicing and enjoy!
1 and 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon of baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 and 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup pumpkin puree
1/3 cup sour cream
1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
2 large eggs (at room temperature)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large bowl, mash three ripe bananas.
- Add pumpkin puree, sour cream, eggs, coconut oil, vanilla extract and brown sugar. Stir until everything is well combined.
- Add the dry ingredients: all-purpose flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and pumpkin pie spice. Stir until everything is evenly combined.
- Fold in chocolate chips. Pour the batter into a greased loaf pan, sprinkle more chocolate chips on top and bake for 50 - 60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Let the bread cool for a few minutes before slicing and enjoy!