Garlic butter shrimp pasta is incredibly delicious and full of fresh flavors. In only 20 minutes you can impress your family with a flavorful and easy weeknight dinner. Juicy shrimp drenched in an indulgent herby garlic butter sauce paired with your favorite pasta. This is such a great family-friendly recipe for weeknight meals.
What Kind of Pasta Can You Use?
I like this recipe with a long pasta like spaghetti, linguine and especially Mafaldine (used in this recipe) but you can use whatever pasta is your favorite.
How to Make Garlic Butter Shrimp Pasta:
- Cook the shrimp with salt, pepper, paprika, onion and garlic powder in olive oil. Once cooked through, remove the shrimp and set aside.
- Make the Sauce in the same skillet with onion, grape tomato, fresh grated garlic, butter, parsley, red chili flakes,lemon juice and broth.
- Add in the cooked pasta and shrimp. Toss to combine until the sauce coats the pasta.
1 pound large shrimp peeled deveined
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground pepper
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1 tablespoon olive oil
8 ounces mafaldine pasta or pasta of choice
1/3 cup white onion, diced
1 cup grape tomato
5 garlic cloves, grated or minced
3 tablespoons butter divided
1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
1/4 cup chicken stock
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan
In a large pot of boiling water, cook the pasta according to package instructions.
- Combine shrimp, salt, pepper, paprika, onion and garlic powder until shrimp is fully coated with spices.
In a large skillet over medium high heat, add 1 tablespoon olive oil and cook the shrimp for about 3 minutes until pink on each side. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In the same skillet with the shrimp juices, saute onion and grape tomatoes until fragrant and the tomatoes start to wilt. Add 3 tablespoons of butter, garlic, chopped parsley and red pepper flakes. Sautee for about 1-2 minutes then add chicken stock and lemon juice. Stir well until combined.
- Add cooked shrimp, pasta and parmesan cheese. Mix it all together.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!