These fudgy brownies are rich, EXTRA fudgy in the middle and crisp on the edges.
How to make fudgy brownies:
- All-purpose flour
- Unsweetened cocoa powder
- Granulated sugar
- Brown sugar
- Semi-sweet chocolate
- Chocolate chips
- Unsalted butter
- Coconut oil
- Vanilla extract
Step 1: Combine brown sugar, granulated sugar, melted butter and eggs. Whisk well until smooth.
Step 2: In a microwavable safe bowl, melt the semi-sweet chocolate with coconut oil. Add melted chocolate to sugar, butter and egg mixture.
Step 3: Sift in flour, cocoa powder and salt. Gently fold the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until combine. Add chocolate chips then pour the batter into baking pan and bake for 20 minutes.
- Whisk the sugar, butter and eggs really well. This is what creates the a chewy middle and crisp edges.
- Do not over beat the batter as it will affect the texture of the brownies.
- Make sure to not overbake if you want extra fudgy brownies.
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
6 ounces semi-sweet chocolate bar, chopped
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 tablespoon coconut oil
1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Grease or line a 8x8 baking pan with parchment paper.
- In a microwavable-safe bowl, combine the chopped semi-sweet chocolate bar and coconut oil. Melt in 30 seconds intervals, mixing after each until chocolate in melted entirely.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the brown sugar, granulated sugar and melted butter for about one minute then add the eggs and whisk until combined smoothly. Add the melted chocolate to the mixture and whisk together.
- Sift in the flour, cocoa powder and salt and gently fold until just combined. The batter should be very thick. Do NOT overmix the batter. Mix the chocolate chips into the batter or add them on top.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 25 minutes. Allow brownies to cool for 10 minutes before cutting into squares.