Dijon Crusted Salmon is a delicious and healthy weeknight dinner recipe. The salmon is coated in a mixture of Dijon mustard, fresh herbs, and bread crumbs, then baked until crisp and golden brown. Best of all, it is paired with a creamy dill sauce. This salmon dish is packed with flavor, and the salmon is a good source of protein and omega-3 fatty acids.
How to Make Dijon Crusted Salmon
Dijon mustard makes an excellent coating for salmon. This dijon crusted salmon recipe is simple to make and only requires a few ingredients.
- First, Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Next, mix together Dijon mustard, maple syrup, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, pepper, parsley, dill and lemon juice.
- Spread the mustard mixture over the top of the salmon fillets then sprinkle with breadcrumbs. Finally, bake the salmon in the oven for 20-25 minutes, or until it is cooked through (see tips on how to cook salmon below).
- Drizzle with the dill sauce and serve with your favorite side.
The Creamy Dill Sauce for Salmon
This creamy dill sauce is a versatile condiment that can be used in a variety of ways. The possibilities are endless but I especially believe it pairs perfectly with this dijon crusted salmon. It is fresh, bright and loaded with herby flavors. This sauce is also very easy to make. Simply combine greek yogurt, mayonnaise, fresh dill, lemon juice and salt and pepper. That’s it! Drizzle it over your salmon and enjoy.
Once the sauce is prepared, you can store it in the fridge for up to a week. So next time you’re looking for a flavor-packed condiment, creamy dill sauce will be ready for you.
How do I know when salmon is done cooking?
One of the most common questions I get asked is, “How do I know when my salmon is done cooking?” Here are a few tips to help you determine when your salmon is cooked through:
- First, take a look at the color of the fish. If it is opaque and pink in the center, it is likely done. If it is still translucent or has a pinkish hue, it needs to cook longer.
- Another way to check is to insert a fork into the thickest part of the fish. If the flesh easily flakes off, it is ready to eat.
- Finally, use your best judgement! Salmon should be cooked until it reaches an internal temperature of 145 degrees Fahrenheit. Use a meat thermometer to check, and take the salmon off of the heat when it reaches this temperature.
Keep these tips in mind next time you cook salmon, and you’ll be sure to serve up a delicious and healthy meal.
More Delicious Salmon Recipes
1 pound salmon fillet
2 tablespoons dijon mustard
1 tablespoon maple syrup
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
1 teaspoon fresh dill
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/4 cup greek yogurt
1 tablespoon mayonnaise
2 tablespoons fresh dill, finely chopped
1 tablespoon lemon juice
pinch of salt and pepper to taste
- First, Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Next, mix together Dijon mustard, maple syrup, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, pepper, parsley, dill and lemon juice.
- Transfer the salmon fillets on to the baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil. Spread the mustard mixture over the top of the salmon fillets then sprinkle with breadcrumbs.
- Finally, bake the salmon in the oven for 20-25 minutes, or until it is cooked through
- While the salmon is baking, mix together all of the ingredients for the dill sauce. Set aside.
- Once salmon is cooked, drizzle with the dill sauce and serve with your favorite side.