This creamy avocado cilantro lime sauce is a healthy, full-flavored dressing enhanced with fresh ingredients like garlic, honey, and jalapeños. Serve this quick and easy green sauce with tacos, burritos, and bowls, on salads as a dressing, and even as a dip.
It doesn’t get better than this easy avocado cilantro lime sauce. It’s as smooth, creamy, and delicious as it is vibrant and green! Avocado cilantro lime dressing is savory, herby, with a hint of spice. Use it to add a bold pop of flavor to your favorite foods.
Why This is the Best Avocado Cilantro Lime Sauce Recipe
- Easy. Simply gather your ingredients and mix them in a food processor or blender. It takes 5 minutes, tops!
- Healthy. This dressing features avocado, which is an excellent source of healthy fats. It’s made with fresh, wholesome simple ingredients that make it a great condiment for your favorite foods.
- Versatile. Use this sauce on any and everything; from sandwiches to rice bowls.
Is Avocado Cilantro Lime Sauce a Dip, Dressing, or Crema?
This incredibly versatile fresh cilantro avocado yogurt dressing can be used as a sauce, dip, or crema. There really is no limit.
- Cilantro: Fresh herb adds so much flavor.
- Avocado: Use ripe avocado for an extra creamy sauce.
- Lime Juice: This provides a pop of citrus flavor that brightens the taste.
- Garlic Cloves
- Jalapeño: Add more or omit, depending on how spicy you’d like the sauce to be.
- Greek Yogurt: Make sure it is plain. If you love creamy dressings like ranch or blue cheese, this is a healthier option with fewer calories.
- Honey: This natural sweetener balances the savory and tangy flavors of the other ingredients.
- Salt and pepper: This enhances the overall taste of the avocado sauce.
How to Make Avocado Cilantro Lime Sauce
In a blender or food processor, blend all the ingredients together until smooth (or until you reach your desired consistency). Store in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 7 days.
Recipe Variations & Substitutions
- Greek Yogurt: Swap the Greek yogurt for ranch sauce for a copycat version of the Chick Fil A avocado lime ranch dressing.
- Vegan: Use vegan mayo instead of Greek yogurt and agave instead of honey for vegan avocado cilantro lime sauce.
- Creamy: Greek yogurt can be replaced with sour cream or Mexican crema. You will still get that tangy flavor and a rich, creamy consistency.
- Spicy: Add a few dashes of your favorite hot sauce to up the heat.
What to Serve with Avocado Cilantro Lime Dressing
Avocado crema enhances whatever you add it to. Try serving it with one of the following:
- Tacos: Drizzle this sauce over your tacos. I use it for my blackened salmon tacos, but it would work for any fish tacos, shrimp tacos, or any other variety.
- Salads: Use it as a salad dressing to enhance a bowl of greens. You can also toss it in a pasta salad.
- Bowls: Whether it’s rice bowls, burrito bowls, or a Buddha bowl, avocado cilantro dressing is the perfect finishing touch.
- Protein: Summer is grilling season. Use avocado lime dressing as a marinade for grilled chicken or shrimp.
- Dip: Make veggies tastier to eat when you dip them into a bowl of avocado cilantro lime sauce.
- Sandwiches & Wraps: Switch it up from standard mayo, and add this delectable green sauce to your sandwiches and wraps.
Can Avocado Cilantro Lime Sauce Be Made Ahead?
Absolutely! Make this up to 3 days in advance. It actually tastes better after one day in the fridge since the ingredients have time to meld.
Store leftover sauce in an airtight container or mason jar in the fridge for up to 7 days.
What does cilantro avocado dressing taste like?
It is a delicious blend of savory and citrusy flavors with a kick of spice.
What is the shelf life of the avocado cilantro dressing?
This dressing lasts up to 5 days when refrigerated.
More Healthy Recipes:
DID YOU MAKE THIS AVOCADO CILANTRO LIME DRESSING RECIPE?
Leave a star rating and comment below to let us know your thoughts. You can also share the recipe on Instagram and tag @eatwell.withlex.
Avocado Cilantro Lime Sauce
- 2 cups Cilantro
- 1 Avocado
- 3 Garlic Cloves
- 1 Jalapeño
- ⅓ cup Greek Yogurt
- 2 tbsp Honey
- ½ tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Ground Black Pepper
- Lime Juice
- In a blender or food processor, blend all the ingredients together until smooth.
- Store in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 7 days.