A simple soft and healthy almond flour banana bread packed with nutrients and sweetened with natural ingredients. This gluten free bread is perfectly balanced. It is not too sweet, delicious and nutrient-dense making it great for breakfast, snack or even a treat.
BEST GLUTEN-FREE BANANA BREAD
My love for banana bread runs deep. There is nothing better than a warm and soft piece of banana bread simply melting into your mouth, not to mention its fragrance. Is it just me? Or does anyone else live for the smell of freshly baked banana bread? I promise this bread will become your new family favorite. You can find my Original Banana Bread recipe here.
2 ½ cups almond flour
1 tablespoon baking soda
¼ teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
½ cup coconut sugar
4 ripe bananas, mashed
¼ cup coconut oil, melted
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 tablespoons coconut sugar
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
Maple Tahini Glaze (Optional Topping)
1/4 cup tahini
3 tablespoons maple syrup
pinch of salt
Preheat oven to 350℉. Grease and line 9x5 loaf pan with parchment paper.
- Whisk together the cinnamon sugar ingredients and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together almond flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- In a separate bowl, mash the bananas. Add coconut sugar, coconut oil, eggs, vanilla extract and whisk together until combined. (You'll have lumps and that's fine)
- Gradually whisk in the almond flour mixture into the wet mixture until smooth and flour disappears.
- Transfer mixture to prepared loaf pan and top with cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Lightly cover the loaf pan with aluminum foil halfway through to prevent the top from burning.
- While the banana bread is baking, make the glaze by whisking all the ingredients together. Depending on the thickness of your tahini you may need to add a bit of water to thin it out.
- Allow the bread to cool down for about 10 minutes. Slice and drizzle with glaze. I suggest adding glaze when serving.
How to store bread: Once the bread is completely cool, slice it as desired and place the slices in an airtight container or Ziploc bag. Store it in the fridge for up to 4 days or freeze for about 3 months. Whenever you want to treat yourself to a yummy slice of banana bread, pop a slice or more into the microwave for about 20-30 seconds.